April has been another fabulous month of enjoying Mattaya. God has truly blessed us with this sweet, flexible, funny baby (who also happens to be large...today she is 20lb 6 oz and 28")!
Mattaya showcases a variety of faces and sounds:
(Her personal favorite.)
Mattaya's becoming more independent.
Matt was scheduled for a couple weeks of class in Cheyenne, WY. Mattaya and I planned to join him (kind of...in Longmont, CO), so we broke in a new carseat for the long drive.
Mattaya: "What is this, a joke?"
Oddly enough, this is the ONLY picture of our drive down to Colorado. Mommy became disgusted with public changing tables (big surprise), so the cooler in the back of the van was our make-shift changing table. No worries, all you safety nuts--Daddy pulled over every time. :)
We drove from Minot to Cheyenne on Sunday (6) then drove from Cheyenne to Longmont on Monday (7). Our friends Ryan and Wendy live in Cheyenne and came down to pick Matt up and take him back to Cheyenne so Mattaya and I could have a vehicle while Matt was away.
Mattaya's quite a scooter...pretty much all in reverse, though. This time she scooted across Miss Joy's living room and under the kitchen table until she crashed into the wall.
Notice the "snack" she stashed for herself during lunch.
"Yay! Look at me--I've reached the wall!"
"Here we go again. It's never a good sign when they get the camera out at breakfast time."
"I have some doubts about applesauce."
Sigh.
"Whatcha lookin' at?"

She's up.
"Vroom, vroom..."

Oops...a little distracted by the papparazzi.
And then a little more distracted by this little speck over here.
(Notice how Karisa is standing on the steps and STILL shorter than everyone?)
(1) Elisa: "Welcome, friend."
or
(2) Elisa: "Save me! Save me! My sister's going to stomp on my head!"
She's up.
Oops...a little distracted by the papparazzi.
(backwards)
"Hey--who put that there?!"
We were so excited that Daddy got to come spend the weekend with us!
It turned out that Mattaya, Elisa, and Caroline all had the same Easter dresses. So they got all dolled up on Sunday morning for church. This was their pre-church photo op.
(Elisa is just 6 weeks younger than Mattaya, but she's so petite that Mattaya looks monstrous.)
Mattaya: "Hey, those are nice shoes you have."
Mattaya: "Oh brother--how many pictures are you guys going to take?!"
Mattaya: "Hey, I was saving that for later."
Mattaya: "Just don't urp on me--I hate changing clothes."
Daddy dressed Mattaya on Monday morning. Here she is doing a commercial for saline nose drops.
"On Monday, we (Mommy, Daddy, and I) went with Mr. Ben, Caleb, Caroline, and Joshua to Golden Ponds where we could feed geese and ducks. Here, Caroline is sprinkling cracked corn near me so I can see the birds up close."
It was a very hot day, and Mattaya wanted to re-hydrate on the drive back to Miss Joy's house.
(Thanks, Gramma Julie!)
Isn't Mattaya handling the temptation of sitting next to Mom's phone SO WELL?
"I just want to HOLD it."
"Hey, what's in here?"
"I know Daddy's in there somewhere..."
Opening wide for pears.
The nose wrinkles already.
Contemplating...
"Ummm...ick."
"Nope. No more. No thank you."
"I'm serious. No more."
"On Thursday (17), we drove up to Cheyenne to join Daddy. I took a lovely nap at the hotel and woke up wanting to see Dad. So I freshened up and went looking for him. I couldn't find him, so here I am calling him."
"The hotel didn't have bathtubs, so I got to take my first shower!"
"This is the way we brush our teeth, brush our teeth, brush our teeth. This is the way we brush our teeth so early in the evening."
Mommy: "I gave her part of it then remembered it had egg whites and milk in it...so I tried to take it away."
Mattaya: "I'm not going to EAT it, Mom--I'm just going to PLAY with it."
And play she did. What a mess. Again.
On Friday (18) we were ready to head home.
When we got home, North Dakota was having warm weather, too, so we got to wear some more summer clothes!
Ready to hit some garage sales.
We just enrolled Mattaya in some baby swim classes. Gramma Julie helped her try on some swimsuits. This one is darn cute, but too small (12mos).
Again, the suit was DARN CUTE, but too small. Bummer.
Ding, ding ding! And we have a winner! This 18mos swimsuit fits, and doesn't the bum-ruffle help the J-Lo bootie SO MUCH?!
And another winner! This one is a tiny bit too big, but I'm sure it will be snug by the end of summer.
1 comment:
Nice job- we love the great blog update! You are so good at the captions! It was so nice to have you guys and nice to meet Miss Mattaya!
With Love,
The B Family
Post a Comment