Our little prodigy practices her Riverdance.
We celebrated a tame 4th of July with Gramma Julie and Uncle Luke.
During Mattaya's nap, Mom and Gramma Julie ran to town and found new toys.
Mattaya took her first independent steps on Independence Day!(Notice her eyes are closed...anticipating the fall.)

Mattaya can be quite the politician...
If you tell her to "wait", she'll rest against your legs and let you have your hands back.
Ready for church.
This girl also loves to eat...see her lick the bowl clean.
If she gets ahold of your fingers, she's off like a shot...and she won't stop.
She walks right up to things and thinks she can climb them.Here she discovered that she could climb Grampa Dave.


I found Mattaya very much enjoying the contents of the Kleenex box.


Matt ran another 5K in the Prairie Rose State Games.
Once she got the hang of it, she was good to go!
Mattaya is LOVING her new swing!
"What? Is there something on my face?"
"How does mess look in my hair?"
Mommy's Messy Monster
"Look out, Mommy! The Messy Monster is gonna get you!"
"I'll get you my pretty..."
Daddy and Mattaya often swing while Mommy makes lunch.
Another 5K...the Fair Run.
Gramma Julie bought some new bath toys: letters and numbers. Mattaya systematically took each one out of the package, bit it, and set it aside.

Near the end of July, we loaded up the van to head to Minnesota for a mini-vacation. We took our Granny-Nanny with us...
There were several stops along the way to let Mattaya play and eat and walk. She was a good little traveler.
First thing in the morning, Auntie Cindy was up and ready to play!
Auntie Cindy: "Who's that in the mirror?"
Mattaya: "Me, Silly."
Being messy is just as fun in Minnesota!
Fingering the goods at Baby Depot...
Baby meets puppy...
Mattaya did a nice job of being gentle with the puppy (who should get a lot of credit for the patience and self-control she exhibited!).
Reading...
...and walking...
...and reading some more!
Matt and I decided to celebrate our anniversary a little early with dinner at Enjoy! in Apple Valley. It was a BEAUTIFUL restaurant with EXCELLENT food.
Here's the view from the back where the patio is.
The next day, most of us met for lunch at Olive Garden. We're obviously still working on Mattaya's table manners.
Mattaya's first ball-pit experience. We stopped at Once-Upon-A-Child. For those of you not familiar with the store, it's like a well-organized baby garage sale. We scored some really good deals, and Mattaya had LOADS of fun!
There was an old-school bouncy horse which Mattaya thoroughly enjoyed.
This little push toy made the adults' eyes brighten as we all realized there was hope for our aching backs.
Auntie Cindy got to babysit while we took Gramma Julie to experience IKEA.



"You keep showing up wherever I go!"
"Well, I suppose we might as well be friends."
"Let's go play then!"
Mattaya's new friend didn't follow. ;)Luckily, Frosty the Snowman was available for singing and dancing!
"I love to practice my George W. deer-in-the-headlights look!"
Visiting Grampa Leander...
Mattaya's friend Anna turned 1!





Mattaya's hair is getting SO long.Sometimes we experiment in the tub to see what shapes it will make...

Matt suprised me with flowers on our anniversary.
Mattaya's first steak was served with pasta and green beans.She picked out all the steak first.
A girl after Uncle Luke's own heart.
I was really surprised to find these horrific photos of my messy kitchen. I'm very much a clean-as-you-go type of chef, but this night was somewhat of an exception. I was making a big meal for another family...there was no room left in the dishwasher...and Matt beat me home. In my own defense, please note there is NO food, NO paper towels, NO food wrappers...just dishes.
JUST dishes.
Down the stairs...time to eat.
Mattaya has really caught on to signing. She's most consistent with "drink", "eat", and "finished".





































3 comments:
So sweet! I just love her hair! Learning to "walk" is such fun - Levi agrees. :)
ARGHHH!!!! She's huge! Karissa, I luv the picture of her by the shower -- she's got some dimples :)
Ahh, Minot. I would recognize those stairs and backyard anywhere :) Are you guys still over off of Delta? (isn't that where you were -- the mind is getting fuzzy.)
-Steph Jespersen :)
Close--we're up on Dundee. :)
Hey, I took a peek at your blog and enjoyed it....
Post a Comment