Here we have the very old long black skirt from my Town & Country Credit Union days (yikes) with a new red top that appears somewhat boxy and gramma-ish to me. Matt HATES the red top with a white-hot passion of 1,000 suns (just as Kirsten hates coconut).
I do think the top looks SLIGHTLY better with pants.
This is a funky, stretchy new shirt. It actually looks better in person. It's a little bit shimmery, but the flash of the camera made it A LOT shimmery. This is Matt's vote.
Here's a new dress. Not sure what other shoe options I actually have, but suggestions are welcome. NOTE: In ALL these pictures, please fully disregard the post-bathtime hair, as Mattaya's bathtime involves a headband, humidity, and lots of splashing.
So the flaming top gets another chance over the "little black dress" that was hanging in my closet.
Here's the little black dress with no accompaniment. Not sure big bare arms are ever in, but I'm assuming sleeveless isn't a November look?Votes are very much welcomed as are any suggestions as to accessories. I'm thinking I'm going to straighten the kinks just to avoid a disastrous hair day. Oh, and if I go with the pants, should I stick with the high-heeled sandal (it is cold, snowy, and icy) or go with my clunky Dansko's?

14 comments:
Clunky Dansko's are ALWAYS in style :) :) :) Anyway Karisa, I really like the black pants with the shimmery silvery stretchy top. I like funky stuff, though. The little black dress (without the white sweater) looks very pretty, too. You do NOT have big white arms, BTW. So that's my 1 and 2.
Back to the shoes, I would be terrified to wear those sandals even in the middle of summer here in Almost Mexico, AZ, let alone in snowy Almost Canada. I'm the world's most uncoordinated walker. I even wore almost flat pumps with my wedding dress. But that being said, they are very, very pretty. You could always change out of the ever-so-wonderful Dankso's at the church.
-Steph
Hi K-
I definitely vote for the black new shirt w/ the black pants and strappy shoes- very hip & chic!
(if it is snowing, just bring them along in a bag and wear them once you get there)
That's my two cents.
~Joy :)
*BTW- I did write this in an email to send you before I saw Steph's vote- I promise she didn't influence me (even though we agree!)
----- Original
I guess it's unanimous (so far)... the shimmery shirt and pants has it... very flattering on you and you'll sparkle just the ever slightest bit whilst playing the piano. I agree with both you and Matt... the red shirt is a bit boxy (agreeing with you), and I tend to like the black dress with white sweater... But I tend to like contrasts, so maybe my second vote shouldn't count because really I'm voting for what I would wear rather than what you should wear and then it all turns into what am I going to wear on Saturday??!!!
Angela did say at small group tonight that both Vince and Joanna (if she hasn't popped yet) could wear jeans... Vince because he likes to wear jeans and Joanna because she doesn't have any other pants that fit. So I vote that you wear jeans with your pantyhose on the outside. There, I'm done.
Ok...I guess Josh and I are going to be the oddballs here. We both agreed that we liked the black dress (without the sweater) and then #2 was the red shirt with the pants and then #3 would be the shimmery shirt with pants. As for shoes...you wear whichever ones won't kill you while walking. Personally, I'm wearing ballet flats with my wedding dress =)
Hello there, Karisa! What a cool idea. :) I like the shimmery top with pants first, the black dress (with or without sweater) second, and the red top with pants third. I personally wouldn't wear the sandals in your weather, but they do look really nice...perhaps you could change at the church, as others have suggested. Unfortunately, I'm apprently totally out of the fashion loop and I have no idea what Dansko's are...but if they look nice with whatever you choose, it would certainly be easier! Whatever you choose will be beautiful. (You'll have to let us know what you end up wearing!)
My opinion is that this is all vanity. Consult Solomon in Ecclesiastes for direction.
Luke
My opening line was actually going to be, "Vanity, vanity, ALL is vanity!" But in this case, this post is SANITY for me, not vanity. ;)
Thank you all for voting.
My friend Brittany also voted for the black pants and the black top (the red top with black pants was her second choice), and she liked the black sandals as well. She pointed out that with the dress, the heels made my legs look even shorter because of the strap that goes across the ankle. Good point.
My mother also voted for the black pants-black top combo, so I'm pretty sure that outfit is winning. But no decisions will be final until Friday night when I snip the tags. ;)
Good to hear there will be jeans, because I'm pretty sure that's what Matt will be wearing!
Thanks, again, all of you!
just for my two cents...i also vote for the black shimmery top with the black pants. Although, the red top does look nice with the black pants.
i get to wear jeans if i show up! aren't you jealous? hahaha
A little bit. But I'm not jealous of the amazing amount of pressure on your bladder right now. I think I'd rather wear pantyhose OVER my jeans! ;)
Oops--I'm signed in as Matt...I'm really Karisa.
~ Karisa
I'm with everyone else on this. I like the black shimmery top with black pants the best. It also looks the most comfortable. My number two is the little black dress. I would probably wear the white cardigan with it, but that's because I'm always cold! : )
Beth
I just love consensus! :)
I too vote for the shimmery top with black pants and sandals. Very classy. If you want something colorful wear the red top with black pants and sandals. Hmmm...if it was warm outside I really think the dress with flowers is super cute!!! But yes, we do live in ND.
Becca
The dress was super slippery, and I was pretty sure I would have to carry a can of Static Guard around with me. I got it on super duper sale, and I liked the idea of wearing something I wouldn't normally pick for myself...but I do feel safe with the black top, especially since the majority have voted for it.
Post a Comment