[Before I go forward, I'm going to have to assure my husband that I do indeed know the RIGHT words to that song and that I'm substituting the wrong word INTENTIONALLY.]
Slowly but surely things get better and better. :) Makenna is eating more things and sleeping more and more. She's a content little booger, and we love her. Mattaya is learning so much and saying so many things. She keeps us thoroughly entertained, and we love her. Some may say it's luck or chance or fate or simply what happens with time, but we give all the credit to God and thank Him so MUCH for the many blessings He has sent our way this month!
Makenna: "My sister has no concept of PERSONAL SPACE."
Makenna: "I just wanted to play with my giraffe...what is this?"
Makenna: "Okay, Mom, are you done now?"
Mattaya got to help make some Jell-O jigglers--MMMMM!
Messy hands.
The rule is: touch nothing & keep your hands up high
Isn't that necklace GORGEOUS?
Tummy time: a necessary evil.
Her face says it all. :)
It is a GREAT day, when she gets to have a "bicycle".
Ready for bed.
"I see you!"
Oh dear. This is a mask of Joseph from Sunday school. She was SUPPOSED to color it. But that's not the point. The story was about Joseph's revealing his identity to his brothers. The kids were SUPPOSED to hold it up and say, "I am Joseph!"...but instead they said, "I see you!!!"
Play-doh birthday cake
Delish!
I don't even remember what kind of miniscule owie she had on her finger, but I was teaching her to kiss her OWN owie to make it all better.
"Mommy gave me a cracker!"
(It was too soon...but she was happy.)
Ew ew ew! I used to HATE that Dad made us drink the milk after finishing our cereal. Yuck.
Mattaya always loves this and always asks for a picture...Makenna, not so much.
Makenna is a pretty chill girl. She's good to hang out in the walker while we get dinner on the table.
Messy face!
Burger King is a special treat after grocery shopping takes too long. :) Mattaya gets VERY excited about this.
Makenna is clearly unimpressed with Daddy's effort at creative photography. ;)
"Oh here comes the bib...I don't know if I should be excited or afraid."
Green beans. Reactionless.
Using the apple container as a hat was HILARIOUS.
Her "prize" was this lovely princess tiara. Which she insisted on wearing as a headband.
Cozy outfit from the W family
Tipping...tipping...slowly tipping over...
Mattaya is quite the play-doh chef.
Her creations are oh-so-yummy.
Daddy loves his girl in pigtails!
Chillin' in the swing.
I think this was one of the last times she got to swing (she has outgrown the swing in terms of poundage).
Happy, happy, happy!
Her name suits her. :)
I love to stumble upon this.
Praying for her snack.
Ugh. So one day Mattaya was FEROCIOUSLY itching her head during story time. I assumed she must have some dry scalp or conditioner build-up until she started getting emotional about it. So I started looking at her head and saw something questionable. This led to an hour and a half of very detailed combing to either confirm or deny my suspicions. Tedious for Mommy, but tasty for Mattaya!
It all ended in a braid, which Daddy loved.
Then Mattaya went "grocery shopping". We went downstairs to find that she had emptied the pantry shelves into my laundry sorters. And she was quite proud of herself. *sigh*
I had to get out the 9-month clothes, because the 6-month stuff was getting a little unwearable. And a bunch of the 9-month stuff was really verging on too-small, too! Makenna is a BIG girl.
Still loves to wear other people's shoes. These are Daddy's "special" shoes.
I'm not sure what precipitated this injury, but her tongue was bleeding.
So sad. :(
Am I surprised that my children have wild hair? Not at all. Am I afraid of curly hair? Maybe. Mattaya's has been decently manageable, but Makenna's is at least as thick as Mattaya's was...and finer...which results in a LOT of tangled knots. Knots that I can't comb through. Knots that have to be CUT out. I might be a LITTLE afraid of this one. Cute as she is. ;)
What's not to love about a curly mohawk?
Even when she's down for her nap, Mattaya makes me laugh. During nap, I try to pick up a bit, and I found this under the table.
It was one of those times when it was just too quiet. I found Mattaya "napping" in the stroller.
Squash is yummy!
I don't know if Mattaya was trying to share with Makenna, or put her to sleep (the car could very easily be a "blanky").
I put the duck puppet on her hand, and that was pretty funny.
Apparently, Mattaya became bored of eating snack alone. So she invited Grampa Kitty. Mattaya was too tall for the dollhouse table. Frustration. Until Mommy put the table on the piano bench. But Grampa was still too short for the dollhouse table. Panic. Until Mommy gave Grampa a booster. Drama, drama, drama.
We're back to the "funny face".
Biter biscuit!
"Where did it go? Has anyone seen my Biter Biscuit?"
Just a trim.
Daddy likes Mattaya's hair long. ;)
This is the "before" picture.
All wet. This time she didn't freak out about the squirt bottle, but the hair dryer was an object of fear. Overall, not a bad experience. I'm still hearing about "Mandie, hair cut, special M&Ms, good job."
The "after" picture actually looks longer because the curls were more relaxed because of the blow-drying.
"Whoa-lind" (Ronan) came for a playdate!
Without the sweater.
(I'm not sure WHAT Matt does, but it achieves this "I hung my child on the wall" effect.)
With the sweater.
Oh what a difference a shelf makes! Mattaya's living room toys are somewhatly under control now.
Living room furniture has been a point of "discussion" since we moved into this house. The "arrangement" has been mostly helter-skelter until after we had guests to watch a debate on DVD. We pulled all the furniture out so it was FACING the TV. When we put it away, this seemed fine (except that watching TV isn't optimal...but it's better for conversation than it was).
My husband is so weird.
The moment I fear. She's distracted and about to ditch her sister.
An outfit from the L family!
Mattaya: "You should put your arms forward and rest on your elbows like THIS."
Makenna: "But I like to put them BACK like THIS!!!"
Makenna: "Mommy keeps pulling my arms forward..."
Makenna: "But I keep pulling them BACK!!!"
"This is food? Really?"
Mmmm--zwieback toast.
"I'm not too sure about this..."
"...but if you say so..."
"Mommy, this bottle doesn't work right."
The lunch crowd.
Chubby baby in the bath!
This girl has some mad Daddy-love. All he has to do is walk into a room and she's all smiles and laughs and excitement.
I was trying to get a picture of her hair wet so you could see how long it really is, but this picture doesn't show it well (but it was the only one that didn't showcase a buttcrack).
Hair experimentation.
Her hair is still too fine for it to make sense.
I'm not really sure what this mess even is. Muffin crumbs on yogurt?
Wait, wait, wait! Now I remember--for Luke's birthday, we made a lemon cake with lemon frosting! She thought that was pretty fantastic. :)
And then there was the day I afflicted her with a puff.
Not quite sure.
Truly disgusted.
"Maybe if I pretend to be sleeping and snore a little she'll leave me alone."
(I think she was actually gagging on it.)
Ohhhhh, love.
My 3 favorite people.
(Daddy is to blame for that awful "Big Boy" curl on Makenna's head.)
Just waiting...
I was TRYING to get a picture of all the hair knots before I cut them...
Here's the AFTER shot I KNOW you wanted to see. ;)
Lying on the couch with her dolly.
Eating her toast. She actually believes it's food now.
If we have a picture of Makenna eating bread...then we MUST have a picture of Mattaya eating bread, too. And notice that her usual Bjorn Bib was rejected in favor of one of Makenna's bibs.
Sweet potatoes
Not sure if she's lunging forward for more, or if she's trying to purge.
She's a wild-haired little woman. :)
Gramma Julie bought some matching Easter dresses. Don't the purple socks just MAKE the outfit? This was just a trial run. ;)
Mattaya: "Oohhhh, Makenna, you're pretty!"
Makenna: "You guys call this 'pretty', but I call it 'torture'."
I didn't realize until the day before Easter that they look like Neopolitan ice cream. At church I joked to Mom that I must have thought it was Halloween because I brought my children dressed as an ice cream flavor. And she told me, "That's the name of the dress: Neopolitan." Seriously?! Oh good grief.
Mattaya LOVES to get pretty new shoes.
An outfit from the B family!
And it came with a hat!
(Which Makenna promptly ate.)
Sing it with me now: "Leeeeeaning, leeeeeeaning..."
Makenna: "Mom, would you stop singing and come tip me UP?"
Timing is everything. ;)
Makenna: "My big sister is pretty amazing. She can make all these animals magically appear!"
Carrots
"Is this a good shade for me?"
When Makenna is napping, Mattaya gets to do special things with Mommy. Like build Cootie bugs. :)
(Small pieces can't be out when the baby is around...I'm just not that crazy.)
Gramma always gets the bow, and Grampa always gets the lips.
Analyze that.
"They gave me this really cool thing that does neat stuff..."
"I think I have to point it this way."
"And I think these buttons are somehow involved..."
"Eh. If you can't work 'em, eat 'em."
More muffins. :)
Fresh muffin for snack!
Peek! There's the hand!
Always so happy to be rescued from nap time!
Now that I have two children, I think it was phenomenally easy to have just one. ;) I've been discovering a variety of ways to be productive when Mattaya is awake and Makenna is sleeping. I've found that if I give Mattaya a parallel activity, I can accomplish quite a bit in the kitchen. For instance, if I give her play-doh and a cutting board with a butter knife, I can chop chicken. Or if I give her a potato to play with in the sink, I can scrub all the other potatoes in the other side of the sink.
"I think I've eaten too much."
"Nahhhh--bring some more!"
(I really didn't...this girl would probably eat until she threw up.)
The good news is she's perfectly happy to chew on a damp wash cloth! Which also gets half the mess off her face. :)
Going for a drive. Mattaya LOVES to sit in the driver's seat and pretend to drive.
"I'm so good at this, I could do it with my eyes shut."
"Oh calm down, Mom--there's nothing to be afraid of. I have it all under control."
Mattaya acquired some kind of virus that lasted about a week. She was pretty miserable, especially upon waking. One morning I asked her what would make her feel better, and she asked to have a bow in her hair. New home remedy! She wasn't her spunky self, so we did a lot of calm activities those days. This is a random gluing project of which she was VERY proud.
YAY! It's finally nice enough to go for walks outside! Daddy and Makenna went for a stroll.
She is a very content baby.
Bananas.
She's been eating all her vegetables quite well for supper, so we began introducing some fruits at breakfast time with Daddy. I asked that he please get a picture of her first bites. He didn't get a picture of the first day of bananas, because she was apparently half-rabid in her desire for another bite and another bite so he was unable to grab the camera without her screaming and crying and throwing fits. So this is day 2 of bananas. She likes 'em. :)
Coloring with Mommy.
(The bow trend continued for a while.)
Many of you may remember Mattaya's [nasty long] infant rat-tail. Makenna's rat-tail isn't noticeably long, but she's got these funky long strands behind her ears.
I clipped those the day before Easter. ;) You're welcome, Gramma Julie!
Daddy's first trip out with BOTH girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment