Tuesday, February 9, 2010

And then it was 2010...

Finally, mid-February I'm getting around to posting January. My problem is two-fold...#1, there are TOO MANY PICTURES for me to go through and to get posted and #2, it's hard to make time to blog when there are so many things that NEED to be done. So maybe I should try again to post more frequently so that there are fewer pictures and seemingly less time invested. ANYWAY...here's what we were up to at the beginning of 2010!

(Wait...I forgot...this is a hodge-podge of UNchronological photos...because I grabbed pictures from 3 different cameras. Drives me crazy that they're not in order, but I'm sure the vast majority of you just don't care.)

Chin-ups!

Matt and the oh-so-handy snowblower!

Building her SECOND snowman with Daddy!
(Because of the UNchronological order, the first one is further down.)

We don't really have snowman supplies on hand. His scarf is a traffic flag. His arms are chenille sticks. His nose AND mouth are carrots. His eyes are sunglasses, and his hat is a Spiderman birthday party hat. He's quite "special".

Judging by the smile (and the belly-overhang), I'm guessing her answer is, "Yes."

So sweet!
This is a special treat for Mattaya. She LOVES when Makenna rests in her bed.

Happy, happy, happy!

Climbing her "Everest".

Such an achiever!

Makenna is a smiley, squeaky, squealy little girl!

I've got to say, though, that there's not much about her that's still LITTLE. Over this past month, she has accrued more chins, additional thigh rolls, and quite the Buddha belly.

And she can PLAY now!


Oh dear. Let me tell you why there are tampons (unused...don't gag) all over my house. Matt and Mattaya were playing puppies. She discovered a box in the bathroom and "logically" concluded that they were bones. Matt just went along with it and let her drag them all over the house. Here she is munching on one. *sigh*

So she's imaginative AND a great little hostess. Here's a tea party with Daddy, Leopard, and Elmo.

Daddy did her hair. 'Nuff said.

Ha ha ha

Breakfast time.

#1--Thank you, Aunt Lynette, for the outfit.

#2--The panda's name is "Ping-ping" after the panda in our book, "Ping Ping Panda".

#3--My child is sadly lacking socialization and is desperate for friendship. She had been hanging out by the back door begging to go outside when she suddenly caught sight of the reflection of her shirt. Not having a concept of reflection, she was pretty sure she had discovered her new best friend. She began talking to the panda, being oh so sweet and welcoming. And then she tried to give the panda a hug, which didn't work very well. And that happy little panda wouldn't come away from the window and play either. Turns out maybe pandas don't make the best friends.

Helping Daddy shovel.

Sliding down the snow bank.

She's got LOTS of wild hair.

We had a temporary melting period, so Matt decided it was a good time to introduce Mattaya to Snowman. (I wasn't so much a fan of the location as they were so near the street...and Matt couldn't hear me knocking on the window...and I was having a panic attack every 10 seconds...so I snapped a few pictures and had to walk away.)


Hugs.
"Will you be my friend, Snowman?"

The story: I usually grab Mattaya's clothes from her dresser when I get her up in the morning so I don't have to march back up the stairs later. This morning, I pulled out a green outfit for Mattaya and started to leave the room and head to the bathroom as is our custom when Mattaya urgently said, "Green shirt!" She ran to her dresser and started rummaging around until she pulled out this teal shirt. Naturally I asked her if she wanted to wear it. "No," she said with a look on her face that said, "Momma, what ARE you thinking?!" So she brings me the bunny as if she's had this planned all along. Bunny also ended up with a sock. Just one. Not two. Sometimes I really just wonder what's in her head.

And Bunny needed a bib and cup and yogurt as well.
Have I mentioned that my daughter needs a friend?

Push-ups. She's all about the calisthenics, really.

"Modeling" her new outfit from Gramma Mabel and Aunt Marlys.

Gotta love the tushie detailing. ;)

Thanks for the cute, cozy outfit, Auntie Marlys!

Finally introduced a paintbrush--oh what fun!
It actually only lasted a few minutes, then we were back to using fingers. ;)

Check out that cheesey smile! Matt says that's so me...

Introducing the new giraffe. Unfortunately, the adorable pink giraffe she received for Christmas was malfunctional (nope, that's not a word). And since we live at the edge of the world, it was not replaceable...but there was a yellow one.

Shrieking at the new giraffe.

We have several recitals each day.

Just chillin'.

Tummy time

The zebra in front of her is her favorite lovey so far.

"Who me?"

Yep, she's definitely a carnivore.

I was going to say, "Frown."
But Mattaya's at my elbow saying, "Sad."
It's her face, so she wins.
SAD

Mattaya affixed the stickers to Dinosaur's eyes and was certain it was a Kodak moment.


Kisses for Dinosaur

"Mommy, who is this?"

"You're not my giraffe."

"Seriously, Mom, this isn't my giraffe."

"Oh I get it. This is a joke. Right? Okay, ha ha."

Daddy's Girl

Craft Project Entitled "Pick It Up And Glue It"

Mattaya is now doing this thing when she sees a camera. Apparently THIS is her "cheese" smile. Not sure why it has to include an underbite...

4 months = First Rice Cereal

"Blah..."

She was less mess than Mattaya was, that's for sure. But that probably speaks more to our level of experience than Baby's skills.

Here you can see a few of her chins...

Mattaya is requesting that pictures be taken ALL THE TIME. She notices that we're eating and heralds photo time. She notices that she's now dressed and notes that it's time for a picture. She goes potty and politely asks me to take a picture.

Mattaya: "I love you I love you I love you!!!"
Makenna: "Everything's getting dark and fuzzy..."

Our big girl feels pretty special when she gets to eat Wheaties out of a bowl WITH milk on top!

And she really is quite dexterous.

Book time on a Saturday morning.

All about safety. Gotta love that she thinks this "helmet" will protect her. I think it's more likely to poke her eye out.

"They're putting that stuff in my mouth again."

(Joanna--Matt LOVES the outfit you gave Makenna. It's his favorite.)

"Is there something on my face?"

We open our mouths to cue her to open hers. She finds that hilarious.

Apparently she's bored of this.

Now doesn't that look just say, "Dedicate me"?
Makenna was dedicated at church on January 31.


Surfing

Hang loose, Man.

Peekaboo

The bizarre one. The stairs looked like naptime, I guess.

"Check out my do!"

Up close and...OVEREXPOSED.

LOVE these tights that have mary-janes right on them.

About to slam-dunk the tissue paper.
(Yes, this should look vaguely familiar...they're leftover from Christmas...remember: hodgepodge, unchronological...)

Don't know if she was having a Clifford moment, or WHAT was going on there.

Coloring time with Papa Dave and Gamma Julie

5=1, right? Or almost, anyway.
Matt and I had a communication problem one Sunday as we were leaving church. I was sure he had the diaper bag, because he had Makenna. He was sure I had the diaper bag, because he had Makenna. We got to Gramma's to discover that we had NO DIAPERS. She was already past naptime and getting crispy...no time to go all the way back to church (about 20 minute drive one way). Thankfully, I hadn't cleaned out the van stash I had for Mattaya when she was still in diapers! It was size 5, but it did just fine!

Check out those plumpy thighs! And they've gotten even BIGGER in the past few weeks.

"Wii" love to bowl! ;)
At first Gramma just gave her a controller to hold and pretend...

So Mattaya made a few calls...

She was really intent on what was happening on the screen.

And she tried to imitate.

So Gramma helped her.
Oh what fun--our big girl is a "gamer" now. ;)

Drinking from the faucet like Mommy used to.

La la LAAAAAAA

YAY--Grampa had a sled to play with!

Uncle Luke took her for a ride.

And then she was all done.

Gramma created a monster. Mattaya LOVES the Wii bowling. She "throws" the ball, then points and yells, "Watch the pins! Watch the pins!"

And then there's the HOORAY! when the pins fall down.

She does get some help with the tossing.




Grampa used the tractor to make some snow hills.

Climbing to the top.

Thinking about sliding down.

"Oh silly Papa."
I could leave it to your imagination, but my father is throwing snow chunks and watching them "explode" when they hit the ground.

Monkey see, monkey do.




All in a day's work.

And there was plenty of excitement going on indoors as well...as you can plainly see.



Mattaya definitely has the whole female take-your-friends-to-the-restroom-with-you thing going on. Even if she's in a hurry, she'll gather everyone she sees on the way to the bathroom and get them all set up on potty chairs and stools and such. Makes me a little crazy sometimes, but most of the time it's at least somewhat amusing.

Note about shirt...from the very first time I took it out of her drawer, Mattaya has called this "Lila's shirt". To my knowledge, Lila doesn't even have this shirt. I guess something about it screams, "Cute little blond girl" to Mattaya. The first time, it took me several minutes to convince her it was indeed her own shirt and that she could wear it. She remained skeptical, but she wore it. Now she doesn't fight me when I put it on, but she doesn't fail to remind me that it's "Lila Shirt Day".

No comments: